Fortnite Patch v24.10: What to Expect
Downtime for the first major update of Season 2 is expected to begin on March 29, 2023. Here's an early look at the patch notes for v24.10.
The new 'Smart Pistol' weapon is expected to be introduced in v24.10. First seen in the official launch trailer for Season 2, the pistol will automatically lock onto enemies.
v24.10 is also expected to launch this year's Easter event with the return of Egg Launchers, Bouncy Eggs and the introduction of new Chickens that will lay items. The Easter-themed cosmetics will also return to the Item Shop very soon.
Battle Pass Bonus Rewards
New pages of Battle Pass Bonus Rewards will be added in the next update, giving players even more to unlock before the end of Season 2. The new pages will join the existing ones in-game under the 'Bonus Rewards' section of the Battle Pass.
New Reality Augments
The following Reality Augments will be added with the v24.10 update:
- Go For Broke - Receive a Charge Shotgun & Flint-Knock Pistol
- Game Time - Receive Pizza Party and Chug Splash consumables
- Trackers Armory - Receive a Shadow Tracker and Flare Gun
- Springtime Blowout - Receive an Egg Launcher
- Rail Warrior - Heal when riding in Grind Rails
- Aquatic Warrior (description unknown)
The following bugs are confirmed to be fixed in tomorrow's patch, according to the official Fortnite Trello page.
- Ziplines missing in Party Royale
Battle Royale Issues
- Wind currents are disabled
Save the World Issues
- Players prompted to 'install' Save the World every time Discover is opened
- Grind Rail interaction icons do not appear correctly
- Players in Performance mode do not see player or chest outlines
- Fire visual effects missing on Nintendo Switch
- Some devices may be capped to 60 FPS despite selecting 90 FPS
As always, we'll be sharing the official patch notes once they go live after the update.