The v24.10 Save the World hotfix brings the return of the Scurvy Shoals Venture Season! Grab your gear and get ready for the start of the Season at 8 PM ET on April 5.
Also with this hotfix, Dungeons return and Miss Bunny Penny comes back to the Event and Weekly Store.
Scurvy Shoals Venture Season Returns
Get ready for a high seas venture: the Scurvy Shoals Venture Season sails on from April 5 at 8 PM ET to June 21, 2023, at June 21 8 PM ET. In addition to the treasure-filled Pirate Llamas, here’s what to expect:
Rock the boat with the Bouncy Husks modifier! With this modifier, Husks, Huskies, and Mist Monsters will all have increased Health, but to your fortune, they’ll all be more susceptible to knockbacks, especially from ranged and melee weapons. Send those Husks back into the Storm from whence they came!
Loot like a real pirate. With the Super Treasure modifier, Treasure Chests filled with valuable loot will periodically drop from enemies you defeat. Rough sailing makes for strong Commanders: the tougher the enemy you defeat, the more likely a Treasure Chest will drop from it.
Dungeons Return Too!
Raging evil awaits — gear up and descend into the depths teeming with monsters and traps. What’s in it for you? There are weapons to collect and Heroes to recruit along the way! Dungeons are available for descent starting April 5 at 8 PM ET.
Completing the Lab Dungeon by the end of the season will unlock a Banner as well as the Chaos Agent Hero. Completing The Crypts Dungeon Quests, available until June 21, will unlock the Swamp Knight Hero. Completing The Grotto Dungeon Quests will unlock the Mermonster Ken Hero.
- Standard perk: Quick Fingers
Whenever you use any ability, quick fingers reloads your equipped weapon (if it can be reloaded).
- Commander perk: Quick Fingers+
Whenever you use any ability, quick fingers+ reloads your equipped weapon (if it can be reloaded), and upon reloading you have a chance to summon a phantasm based on how empty the clip was, with a cap of 80%.
The Swamp Knight
- Standard Perk: Unearthly Treat
Increases damage vs. Mist Monsters by up to 42% based on the percentage of your missing Health.
- Commander Perk: Unearthly Treat+
Increases damage vs. Mist Monsters by up to 42% based on the percentage of your missing Health. In addition, taking damage has a 45% chance to conjure a Phantasm. (Phantasms target a nearby enemy, dealing 62 base Energy damage in a 0.5 tile radius, with a 1.5 second cooldown).
- Standard Perk: From the Depths
Increases Melee Damage by 44% based on the percentage of your missing health.
- Commander Perk: From the Depths+
Increases Melee Damage by 44% based on the percentage of your missing health. Additionally, melee heavy attack eliminations have a 60% chance to conjure a Phantasm (targets a nearby enemy, dealing 62 base Energy damage in a 0.5 tile radius, 1.5 second cooldown)
A black flag has emerged in the horizon. That can only mean one thing: pirates are here and they are aiming right for homebase! In yarrr’s questline — available from april 5 at 8 pm et to may 17 8 pm et — fend off these invading swashbucklers and you will be rewarded with the infamous pirate hero, blakebeard the blackhearted.
Blakebeard The Blackhearted
- Standard Perk: Avast Mateys
Increases your (or rather, yarrrrr) cannonball Damage by 20%.
- Commander Perk: Avast Mateys+
Increases yarrrrr Cannonball Damage by 40%. Converts R.O.S.I.E. to fire 25 cannonballs.
Event and Weekly Store
Miss Bunny Penny - April 5 at 8 PM ET
- Standard Perk: Plasma Overdrive
Decreases Plasma Pulse Energy cost by 38%.
- Commanders Perk: Plasma Overdrive+
Decreases Plasma Pulse Energy cost by 75%.
In case you missed it, a number of bug fixes were included with the original v24.10 patch last week:
- Fixed an issue that prevented some windows from being closed.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to experience hitching when joining a player that was already inside a zone.
- Fixed an issue where trap-vulnerable Mini-Bosses were not taking damage from traps.
- Continued to make improvements on the issue involving the Third Rail weapon firing blank shots.
- Fixed an issue for Deliver the Bomb missions that prevented the Tracks crafting schematic from appearing in the trap inventory.
- Fixed an issue that prompted players to install Save the World every time they launched Fortnite, even if they already had it installed.
In other news, a new Fortnite x Star Wars event is coming soon. Click here to read more.