Fortnite's v20.30 update has arrived with a number of changes and additions to Creative mode. Here's everything introduced in the latest patch.
Have you ever looked at Tilted Towers and thought about the awesome things you could do if only you had the POI? Well, now is your chance as the v20.30 update introduces the Tilted Towers POI to Creative! Ironically, this has been introduced in the same patch that destroyed Tilted Towers in Battle Royale.
Armoured Battle Bus
The Armored Battle Bus and the Cow Catcher devices will be available with 20.30 for ultimate ramming power.
Island Template Updates
In v20.20 Epic released the Video Player device (previously known as Llamatron) for you to use to broadcast a set of preloaded music videos. A template, “Music Experience Island” has now been introduced to help you build a great experience using the device.
The old Zone Wars Template Island has also been updated to align with the new standard and new devices that have been released since the template was originally created. The update also includes billboards describing the new devices and how the island was built!
Player Reference Device Update
Epic has updated the Player Reference Device with more customisable options and the ability to simplify mechanics without having to use several devices to achieve your desired results!
A new Hub layout more focused on providing you a place to showcase your artistic skills has also been introduced. To accomplish this, matchmaking portals and featured rifts have been removed. There will be four empty rifts so you can continue testing and playing in private parties, and one Creator Showcase map selected by the hub creator. Starting in July, hubs will be live for two weeks instead of one.
Please Note: Starting today, all hubs that are not submitted in the new layout will be rejected. If you’d still like to be featured, please update your Hubs to the new layout and resubmit to the creative content submission form.
In v20.30 all Shotguns have undergone a damage balance update across Fortnite.
These changes will increase the damage for most shots and headshots. All Shotguns have also been given a “max damage cap”, affecting the maximum damage a single shot can deal. Please note with this cap update, alongside other adjustments, all Shotguns except the Legendary Dragon’s Breath Shotgun will no longer deal over 200 damage in one shot.
Specifically, in Fortnite Creative:
- Minimum pellet-hit count increased from 3 to 4 for the Striker Pump Shotgun, Auto Shotgun, and Drum Shotgun.
- Striker Pump Shotgun and Auto Shotgun pellet damage and headshot damage increased.
- Ranger Shotgun and Drum Shotgun headshot damage greatly increased, but no change to base pellet damage.
- Drum Shotgun damage falloff adjusted, shortening effective range.
- Charge Shotgun pellet damage decreased while the headshot damage increased.
- Heavy Shotgun pellet damage increased.
- Headshot damage increased for the following: Lever Action Shotgun, Makeshift Shotgun
- Pellet damage and headshot damage increased for the following: Pump Shotgun, Primal Shotgun, Tactical Shotgun, Dragon’s Breath Shotgun, Combat Shotgun, Double Barrel Shotgun
Other Updates and Changes
- A ‘Browse’ tab has been added next to Discover! This menu is broken up into categories (such as Action, Casual, and Combat), making it easier for players to find new games in the genres they love as well as giving Creators the possibility of having their Islands surfaced to more players, more easily!
- New Rocks, Skull and Mountains Galleries.
- Sprinting, Overshield, Mantling & Shoulder Bash can now be turned on or off for specific teams & classes.
Prefab & Gallery Fixes
- Fixed an issue where some props in the Agency Upper and Lower prefabs were showing as blank tiles
- Consumables Updates
- Fixed an issue where players were spawning in the sky due to certain spawn pad settings
- Fixed an issue where the Prop Mover wouldn’t attach to glass props
- Fixed an issue where Prop Mover props that had changed direction multiple times in a match would stop moving
- Fixed an issue where the Skydive Volume would not remove flight when switching teams
- Fixed an issue where the Pop-up Dialog device would fail to pop up on the screen for players in matchmaking
- Fixed an issue where the VFX Creator would apply incorrect colors when enabled
- Fixed an issue where some trap devices were behaving incorrectly
- Fixed an issue where the thermometer HUD wasn’t always displayed when entering an empty island
- Fixed an issue where outdated maps had no indication, they couldn’t be matchmade into. Now when entering an outdated map, the following message will be displayed “The Island Code you entered is invalid”
- Fixed an issue where several template islands displayed an error message and could not be entered
- Fixed an issue where players were able to mantle in islands despite the setting being turned off
- Fixed an issue where a Tracker would display and count the wrong value when completed and the user restarts the game
- Fixed an issue where players would be eliminated when driving across a barrier used as a platform
- Addressed an issue where memory was spiking for certain islands
Read the Patch Notes for Battle Royale here.