The Fortnite v23.40 update includes new Exotic weapons and updates to the Pop Up Dialog device.
v23.40 also allows you to directly edit device names, introduces the Citadel Prefabs and Galleries, and brings Prefab and Gallery bug fixes.
Battle Royale Exotics Join Creative
New Exotic weapons that are joining Battle Royale are also now in Creative:
- Heisted Breacher Shotgun
- Heisted Explosive Assault Rifle
- Heisted Accelerant Shotgun
- Heisted Run 'N' Gun SMG
- Heisted Blink Mag SMG
Pop-Up Dialog Device Updates
- If you choose Custom in the Placement option, you can see new alignment and placement options.
- The maximum number of buttons has increased from 2 to 6. You can also bind buttons to the back action (for example, face button right).
- If you choose to set an amount of time for the Timeout Duration option, use the new Timer option to display a countdown timer with the dialog.
- The maximum number of text characters on buttons has increased from 8 to 24.
Upgraded Devices: Directly Edit Device Names
If your island has a large amount of devices, it’s now easier to update the name of a device. In addition to clicking the gear icon to change the name, you can now click the device name at the top of the Customize panel and type in the new name directly. On a console, you can use the left trigger to focus on the name and change it.
Prefab & Gallery Updates
Added 5 new Citadel Prefabs:
- The Citadel Watchtower
- The Citadel Small Bridge
- The Citadel Royale Ramparts
- The Citadel Main Keep
- The Citadel Main Bridge
Added 4 new Citadel Galleries:
- The Citadel Wall Gallery
- The Citadel Floor & Stair Gallery
- The Citadel Prop Gallery
- Chapter 4 Nature Gallery
Updated the Cloud Prop Gallery to include clouds with no collision.
- Creators can now select all the nodes of an AI Patrol Path simply by holding the “Select” button (the “R” key on PC).
- Reboot Van new option: Recharge Time
Battle Royale Island updates:
- Elimination Managers that grant items or weapons will now trigger when a Target Bot makes an elimination. Only weapons tagged as Guard can be granted to the Target Bot.
- Team Settings and Inventory devices will now apply team settings to Target Bots, including granting items as long as granted weapons are identified as Guard weapons.
- Fixed an issue where the wrong thumbnail was displayed for one of the building assets in the Cyber City Building B Gallery.
- Fixed an issue where the Destroyed Floor Prop Gallery was not properly showing in the Creative Inventory.
- Fixed an issue with z-fighting on items in the Reactive Trim Gallery.
- Fixed an issue with the Save Point device that was resetting players’ scores.
- Fixed an issue where the Ball Spawner device could look different to players when placed upside down.
- Fixed an issue where the Ball Spawner device would teleport the ball when placed upside down.
- Fixed the Ball Spawner's hologram size to be correct.
- Fixed an issue with the Speaker device where the volume was reset to the default after an island was converted to upgraded devices.
- Fixed an issue with some floating assets on Frosty Fortress not sitting flat on floor pieces.
- Fixed an issue where setting HUD Info Type to Score from the My Island - UI tab sometimes caused the game to crash.
- Fixed an issue where creators were kicked out to the frontend when restoring a Battle Royale Island.
- Fixed an issue where islands converted to upgraded devices could not have their fog color set to black from the My Island - Settings tab.
- Fixed an issue where Dragon Ball content was spawning in Battle Royale Islands.
- Fixed an issue where players could still matchmake into a broken Battle Royale Island.
- Fixed an issue where the object placement preview was hidden behind highlighted objects.
- Fixed an issue with direct event binding where the Customize panel's Search would continue searching even when no results were found.
- Fixed an issue where weapons made with the Melee Designer would not damage player-built structures. Stopped Dirt Bikes from bouncing into the sky upon hitting Slurp Bouncer Mushrooms.
- Fixed an issue where some surfboard and hoverboard boosts were not increasing speed.
- Prevented Loot Llamas from infiltrating Battle Royale Islands.
Click here to read the Patch Notes for Battle Royale v23.40.