The Fortnite Creative v23.50 update has changes to the Hiding Prop Gallery and Pop-up Dialog device, plus updates to the Loot Controller and Map Settings device on Battle Royale Islands. v23.50 also adds the Shifty Shafts Prefabs and Galleries, and additional assets in several other Galleries, along with bug fixes for Prefabs, Galleries, devices, and more.
Hiding Props Update: Hidden Travel
Hiding props give players a place to hide, but now players can also travel from one hiding prop to another! Any hiding prop can be assigned to a group using the Hidden Travel Group option. You can set other hiding props to send players to another group of hiding props using the Hidden Travel Target Group option. If you've enabled the Hidden Travel option on a prop, a player who hides inside it will travel to the target hiding prop and jump out. If you have the prop set to random selection, you can also set it to avoid repeats whenever possible. Keep in mind that when a hiding prop is enabled, it will be invulnerable if it is set up for hidden travel.
Pop-up Dialog Update: Rich Text Editor
With the Pop-up Dialog device, you can now use a rich text editor when typing in the dialog text. This gives you options for styling the text in different ways. Click the Edit Text button next to the Description option to open the editor in a new full-screen interface.
Prefab & Gallery Updates
- Added Shifty Shafts Mine A
- Added Shifty Shafts Mine B
- Added Shifty Shafts Mine C
- Added Shifty Shafts Building Gallery
- Added Shifty Shafts Prop Gallery
- Sanctuary Mighty Monument Gallery: Added destroyed statue assets.
- Door Gallery: Added more door variants.
- Pirate Ship Gallery: Added destroyed ship assets.
- Chapter 4 Nature Gallery: Added three Autumn bush variants.
- Cloud Prop Gallery: Added four clouds that have no collision properties.
- Battle Royale Island Loot Controller has new options:
- Restrict Health Items (Yes/No)
- Restrict Shield Items (Yes/No)
- Allow Consumable Items in Loot (Yes/No)
- Allow Weapons in Loot (Yes/No)
- Allow Ammo in Loot (Yes/No)
- Battle Royale Island Loot Controller loot pools were updated to match current Battle Royale items. Primal items were removed from loot pools.
- Battle Royale Island Map Settings Device has added a new option to turn Reality Augments on or off. If the option is turned on, all released Reality Augments will be available to players on Battle Royale Islands.
- The Accolade device is now available in Battle Royale Islands.
- Fixed an issue where the indestructible Quarry Cube from The Citadel Prop Gallery displayed destruction effects if it was near another prop that was destructible.
- Fixed an issue where some brace walls flipped when The Citadel Prefabs were placed.
- Fixed an issue where terrain pieces in the Chapter 4 Nature Gallery were being placed outside of the preview volume. Fixed a missing thumbnail for an individual asset in the Chapter 4 Nature Gallery.
- Fixed an issue where the individual prop images for Cyber City Prop Gallery A were not showing.
- Fixed an issue where the field lines on the Sports Gallery’s soccer field asset were floating above the field.
- Fixed an issue where some devices were not displaying Events and Functions tabs when a Battle Royale Island was converted to the direct event binding system.
- Fixed an issue where guards that were hired with the Auto Hire When Spawned function would not transmit When Hired Transmit On events.
- Fixed an issue where guards would spawn in a Downed But Not Out state while inside a Barrier device.
- Fixed an issue with the Guard Spawner device where the Disable and Despawn options would only affect one guard at a time.
- Fixed an issue where Player Counter devices could not count Target Bots in Battle Royale Islands.
- Fixed an issue where changing the Interact Time option on a Timer device would change the interaction time for Create mode to the same amount of time.
- Fixed an issue where My Island settings would override customized options in a Down But Not Out device.
- Fixed an issue where the Ball Spawner device would not interact with a Capture Area.
- Fixed an issue where Target Bots in Battle Royale Islands could not receive items using an Item Granter device.
- Fixed an issue where the Class Selector UI would appear even if the UI was disabled in the device options.
- Fixed an issue where a Tracker device’s Stat to Track option would change to an incorrect value when an island was converted to upgraded devices. This occurred when the Stat to Track option was set to Channel before converting, and the option value changed to None after converting the island. The Channel value now correctly changes to Event after converting the island.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from interacting with Timer devices that have the Applies To option set to Player and the Can Interact option set to Yes when there was a second Timer that had the Applies To option set to the default.
- Fixed an issue where sprinting players were unable to crouch correctly when the Allow Sliding option in My Island > Settings was set to Off.
- Fixed an issue where a thrown Cow Catcher on an island could not be destroyed.
- Fixed an issue where Slap Berries would spawn on the ground instead of the appropriate bushes in Battle Royale Islands.
- Fixed an issue where items did not spawn correctly on some older islands.
- Fixed an issue where creators could not place Prefabs or Galleries at different distances.
Click here to read the Patch Notes for Battle Royale v23.50.
Follow us on Twitter (@FortniteBR) and Instagram (@FortniteBR) to keep up with the latest Fortnite news, leaks and more.