Fortnite Patch v23.30: What to Expect
Downtime for the third major update of Chapter 4 has been announced for January 31, 2023. Here's an early look at the patch notes for v23.30.
Dragon Ball Returns
Dragon Ball will return to Fortnite with the v23.30 update. A second wave of Item Shop cosmetics will be released once server downtime ends and the Kamehameha Mythic is also expected to be unvaulted.
New Reality Augments
The following Realty Augments are confirmed to be arriving with the v23.30 update:
- Harvester - Shield Mushrooms, Apples and Grenades drop from bushes.
- Shadow Striker - Receive Shadow Bomb effect once you hit an enemy player.
- Icy Slide - Get icy feet when sliding.
- Riftjector Seat - Instantly Rift when your shield breaks.
- Deft Hands - Auto reloads pistols in your inventory.
It's likely that Fortnite's v23.30 update will follow the pattern of recent hotfixes and unvault a random weapon. There's currently no clues as to which weapon this could be, but recently the Burst Assault Rifle, Heavy Shotgun and Rocket Launcher have all returned.
The following bugs are confirmed to be fixed in tomorrow's patch, according to the official Fortnite Trello page.
- Players are unable to claim the Exile variation of the Mind's Eye Back Bling
- Physics on Joni the Red's coat are no longer functioning
- Battle Hound and Molten Battle Hound helmets are visually incorrect
- Bonus rewards cannot be unlocked due to 'Pre-requisite not met' error
- The Sparkle Specialist Outfit is not reflective and shiny
- Players take fall damage when sliding with the Shockwave Hammer
- Players unable to Emote after Victory Royale screen appears
- Red dot missing when scoping with Red-Eye Assault Rifle
- The 'Party Time' Augment is disabled
- The 'Aerialist' Augment is disabled
- Wildlife takes fall damage when fall damage is set to "off"
- Placing a prop and switching to your pickaxe at the same time places an invisible prop
- Players can build in Mutator Zone devices with "allow building" set to "not" in certain instances
- Props attached to prop manipulator devices can show in game despite the device being disabled
- Props may turn green while selecting after placing them under terrain
- Sequencers do not always play correctly when set to infinitely loop
- When entering the menu, navigating the menu with a controller will send the cursor back to the top of the menu
- Tiles can become invisible in colour switch game mode
- Save Device may reset player scores and other stats
Save the World
- Issue preventing terrain from working as intended in Autumn Foothills biome
Mobile & Cloud Gaming
- Battle Pass confirm sound sometimes plays on any initial button press with touch
- The Falcon Scout continues going up or down without user input
As always, we'll be sharing the official patch notes once they go live after the update.