New Quests that require players to use the Rail Gun and Recon Scanner have been found in the files under a new 'Rail Gun Recon' folder. The items, which were both vaulted with the launch of Chapter 3, appear to have the same stats as they did when they were first introduced.
The special Rail Gun Recon Quests are as follows:
- Deal 500 damage to opponents with the Rail Gun
- Deal 2,500 damage to opponents with the Rail Gun
- Deal 10,000 damage to opponents with the Rail Gun
- Mark 5 enemy players using the Recon Scanner
- Mark 25 enemy players using the Recon Scanner
- Mark 100 enemy players using the Recon Scanner
- Get 1 headshot with the Rail Gun
- Deal 500 damage from 50 or more metres with the Rail Gun
- Deal 500 damage to opponents within 30 seconds of scanning them
- Hit 1 opponent with a Recon Scanner Grenade
- Collect 1 Recon Scanner and 1 Rail Gun in the same match
These Quests are set to go live in-game on May 24, with the Sideways weapons expected to be re-vaulted in the same hotfix that introduces the Rail Gun and Recon Scanner to the loot pool. We'll keep you updated.
In other news, Fortnite has teamed up with PlayStation for new Challenges and Free Rewards.
Follow us on Twitter (@FortniteBR) and Instagram (@FortniteBR) to keep up with the latest Fortnite news, leaks and more.