The v20.20 Fortnite Creative update adds the new Video Player, Water, and VFX Devices! Along with new devices, Epic has also added some additional Prefabs, Galleries and a brand new island to create on.
After being unintentionally added in the v20.10 update, the Prop Mover device has now been officially implemented into the game. If you’re using the Prop Mover, understand that you might be asked to remove it from your map. For example: you’re featured in the Hub but the Prop Mover is causing performance issues. Additionally, some features that the Prop Mover currently has may change over time.
New: Video Player
All creators will now have access to the Video Player device, previously known as the Llamatron, which they can use to broadcast a set of preloaded music videos from xDogged. Creators can use just one or string them together for a totally unique music-led island experience.
New: Water Device
Creators can modulate the water level within a volume and allow for players to swim, use marine vehicle travel, as well as placement of fishing areas. This device could also be used to make oceans, beaches, swimming pools, sewers, lakes, and even floods.
New: VFX Creator
The new VFX Creator device provides Creators with a set of tools to make different FX. Creators can select a sprite and apply a variety of parameters to it to create divergent effects.
Battle Royale - Items and Features
- Titan Tanks
- Mounted Artillery Cannon
- Mounted Anti-Vehicle Turret
Other Feature Updates
New: Career Tracker
The new Career Tracker provides creators the ability to track more stats for players by adding these options to the Save Point Device. To enable the new Career Tracker, Creators will need to update to the Save Point Device and the scoreboard HUD. A quick way of updating the scoreboard HUD is by cloning the scoreboard and changing it to Career. Once updated, players will be able to view career scores in the new Career Tab.
Update: Switch Device
The following new device skins for the Switch Device have been added:
- Ancient Lever
- Circuit Breaker
Prefab & Gallery Updates
- Added 5 New Prefabs
- 2 Gas Station Prefabs
- 3 Chonker’s Speedway Prefabs
- Added 5 New Galleries
- 1 Gas Station Gallery
- 4 Chonker’s Speedway Galleries
Experience Greasy Grove in this fully recreated POI Island that you can further customize and build upon.
Known issue: The thermometer memory won't display when a creator first loads into the POI. The workaround is to leave the island and enter in again. This should resolve the thermometer issue.
Prefab & Gallery Fixes
- Fixed an issue where some assets, from The Fortress Gallery and Command Cavern Prop Gallery A, were giving the incorrect type of resource materials
- Fixed an issue where some assets, from Command Cavern Wall & Roof Gallery, were overlapping
- Fixed an issue where galleries didn’t open for detailed view.
- Fixed some issues related to misplaced destruction VFX on multiple items in the prop gallery
- Fixed some issues with placeholder icons showing in the Creative Inventory
- Fixed an issue where Pizza Party fails to restore player character’s health when max health is greater than 100 in Creative
- Fixed an issue with Accolades that caused XP earned to not be displayed on the HUD
- Fixed multiple issues with the Prop Mover device
- Fixed an issue with the Sentry Device not sending signals to other devices when eliminating players or creatures
- Fixed an issue with guards spawning at the incorrect time
- Fixed an issue where the HUD Tracker did not appear in Welcome Hubs
- Fixed an issue where the Wildlife Spawner was not tracking eliminations
- Fixed an issue where Billboards did not maintain settings in a replay
- Fixed some terrain and asset gaps on The Shark Island
- Fixed an issue where the player becomes frozen in the Creative Hub after being kicked from an XL island with a network error
- Fixed an issue where player scores were not being recorded and sent to Event Service
- Fixed an issue where vehicles can’t damage structures on published islands
- Fixed an issue where users were unable to interact with items/buttons on multiple creative maps
- Fixed an issue with the sprint button not being functional in creative
- Fixed an issue where players were jittering in Creative on certain surfaces
- Fixed an issue where the Overshield UI was not appearing in Creative.
- Fixed some grammatical errors in tooltips
Read the Patch Notes for Battle Royale here.
Follow us on Twitter (@FortniteBR) to keep up with the latest Fortnite news, leaks and more.