Season 6 introduces input-based matchmaking to Fortnite
1 min read
Announced a little while ago, Season 6 has now officially implemented input-based matchmaking to Fortnite: Battle Royale.
PS4 players using keyboard and mouse will now be put into game lobbies with players on PC to create a more balanced playing field. From the patch notes:
- Players using a keyboard and mouse on PS4 will now be put into the PC matchmaking pool.
- Start matchmaking with your preferred input device. You will be queued with the input type you press the “Play” or "Ready" button with.
- If you start matchmaking with a keyboard and mouse, then you'll be queued in the PC matchmaking pool. However, you'll be able to switch to a controller mid-match if you'd like.
- If you start matchmaking with a controller, then you'll remain in your platforms normal queue. However, you'll be unable to switch to a keyboard and mouse mid-match.
- PC players are unaffected by this change. If you use a controller on PC then you'll remain in the PC matchmaking queue.
This is a huge change that should have a major impact on PS4 gameplay. See the rest of the patch notes here.