Fortnite Patch v20.30: What to Expect
The next major update for Chapter 3 Season 2 is scheduled to be released tomorrow, on May 3rd. Here's everything that's expected to happen in v20.30.
Star Wars Returns
Following recent leaks, Star Wars is expected to return to the Fortnite Island for a new crossover in celebration of Star Wars Day 2022, on May 4th. Although no official sources have shared any details, leaks have revealed that Lightsabers, Stormtrooper NPCs and Item Shop cosmetics will all return. You can read more about the upcoming Fortnite Star Wars Day celebrations here.
Rocky Reels Changes
Following Fortnite's Season 2 story, the Imagined Order is expected to lose the battle for Rocky Reels against The Seven. This will result in changes to the POI, including the introduction of Seven-themed Titan Tanks at the location.
Major Bug Fixes
The following bugs are confirmed to be fixed in tomorrow's patch. [source]
- Vaults at Seven Outposts do not open
- Anvil Rocket Launcher UI missing
- Street Shine Pickaxe disabled
- Some props in the Agency Upper and Lower prefabs are shown as blank tiles
- Template Islands load blank
- Player Counter device fails to detect players
- Spawn Pads do not work
- Trackers disappear after a player leaves the game
- Tracker Device does not update correctly
- Skydive Volume will not remove flight when team switches
Save the World
- Placing a BluGlo Siphon may cause crashes in Performance Mode
- The Lab's daily quest not counting towards daily dungeon quest progress
- Scoreboards may show double on the HUD in some Creative matches
As always, we'll be sharing the official patch notes once they go live after the update.