Glider re-deploy will take up an inventory slot in Fortnite v7.20
Fortnite have announced that the in-game Glider will now take up an inventory slot if wanted for re-deployment. The news comes after many tweaks to the Glider re-deploy system and the disabling of the feature in core Battle Royale playlists.
Update: Data-miners have leaked the sounds for the item prior to v7.20's release. Here it is, via @FNBRHQ and @TrixLeaks.
You can read the full post below, courtesy of Epic Games:
A while back we ran a test for glider re-deploy. There was a very split response on the mechanic which revealed some positives as well as some negatives. We removed the mechanic from default modes, but feel an alternative implementation will help in solving some of those negatives and better suits our goals.
The goal with the item is to provide mobility and utility, but in a form that can be balanced and iterated upon. By implementing glider redeploy as an item we can iterate on multiple different levels (i.e. redeploy height, movement speed, drop chance, charge count), including inventory slot tension.
Quick overview on how Glider Redeploy will work in v7.20:
- The Gliders item will take up an inventory slot and can be found from normal loot sources.
- Activate Glider Redeploy as you normally would, you do not need to select the item.
- Each deploy will remove one charge, when all charges are used the item disappears.
- Use of Launch Pads, Rifts-to-Go, and LTM respawns will not consume a charge, as these put you in Skydiving mode.
- The new Glider Redeploy item can be found in floor loot, Chests, Vending Machines and Supply Llamas.
What about Soaring 50s or other large team modes?
When you drop from the Battle Bus you will automatically be granted a Glider item with 50 charges. (This counts as being put into Skydiving mode which will not consume a charge of the Glider item.)
We’ll be watching the item closely and adjusting as necessary so please be vocal with your discussion and feedback!
Source: Epic Games