The v21.40 update brings the new Level Loader device, the Primitive Alphabet Gallery, plus new pieces in the Deserted Fortress Galleries.
Using the Level Loader device, you can place levels that you've created and saved with the Level Instance device. You can place the Level Loader device off-grid, rotate it to any angle, and even place it on top of another Level Loader device! This gives you more flexibility when you place your levels on an island. Have you built something you want to reuse in several places, with Grid Snap off? You can do that with the Level Loader! You can even hide or show any Level Loader device and its contents dynamically, based on player actions (like pressing a button) or signals from other devices.
No Sweat Summer Gallery
In case you missed it, the No Sweat Summer Gallery was recently added to Creative! With this Gallery you can add the Ice Cream Truck prop and Ice Cream Consumable pickup items to your islands.
Primal Boney Burbs Prefabs and Galleries
Boney Burbs content was also recently added, bringing five new Prefabs and and three new Galleries.
Boney Burbs Prefabs
- Boney Burbs Shop
- Boney Burbs Highrise
- Boney Burbs Town Hall
- Boney Burbs Gas Station
- Boney Burbs Clock Tower
Boney Burbs Galleries
- Boney Burbs Floor & Stair Gallery
- Boney Burbs Wall Gallery
- Boney Burbs Prop Gallery
Primitive Alphabet Gallery: Letters and Numbers
The v21.40 patch introduces a new Primitive Gallery that contains letters and numbers. All the letters and numbers can use the same colors and textures as any of the other Primitive Galleries.
Prefabs & Gallery Updates
Additions to the Deserted Fortress Galleries:
- Added four curved brick props to the Deserted Fortress Prop Gallery.
- Added five curved walls and three curved balcony trims to the Deserted Fortress Wall Gallery.
- Added the curved floor and curved staircase to the Deserted Fortress Floor and Stair Gallery.
- The Skydome's default settings now more closely resemble 12 pm time in My Island settings.
The Skydome has a new Post Process option that allows visual tweaks to enhance certain looks. The values are:
- Day (default)
- Classic (original style)
The Prop Mover now works with more devices! Here are the additional devices you can use with the Prop Mover device:
- Capture Item Spawner
- Consumables Gallery
- Customizable Light
- Damage Amplifier Powerup
- Damage Volume
- Grind Powerup
- Health Powerup
- Map Indicator
- Player Reference
- Race Checkpoint
- Real Time Clock
Island Template Updates
- New: Create a Parkour Elimination Race island template
- New: Design a Prop Hunt Game island template
- The placement area of the object is now displayed immediately after switching objects using the Quick Bar.
- The “Block 2.0” search tag has been removed from the Tilted Towers galleries.
- Fixed a low draw distance issue with the flotation walls from objects in the No Sweat Summer Gallery.
- Fixed a bullet collision issue with one of the trim assets from the Deserted Fortress Wall Gallery.
- Fixed a phone selection issue with some fence assets from the Durrr Burger Gallery.
- Fixed an issue in Racetrack Gallery H involving icons that were hard to see.
- Fences in Durrr Burger Gallery can now be destroyed.
- Fixed textures in the Cuddle Tree Prop gallery.
- Fixed an issue where disabled Military Lights were re-enabled when they were copy-pasted.
- The Prop Mover device can now interact properly with the Hover Platform when there is an asset on the platform.
- Removed the Customize prompt on the Teleporter device during the Pregame phase.
- The Prop Manipulator device no longer forces players through objects.
- After placing multiple stacks inside a Supply Drop Spawner device, a player receives the same amount of ammo/resources stored prior to the mini-game.
- Fixed the description for the Player Counter device.
- Player Counter includes spectators when the Include Spectators option is set to Yes.
- Fixed the Tame When Receiving From option on the Wildlife Spawner device.
- The player is now able to eliminate the Sentry device after resetting its team.
- The Advance when Receiving From and Reverse when Receiving From options are now available in the Prop Mover device.
- Players being shot from a cannon through a Water device are now immediately slowed down as they pass through the water.
- Fixed an issue where button settings were resetting.
- Fixed an issue where crashes were occurring when players joined in-progress Creative games.
- Addressed an issue where the Billboard device's text had collision.
- The Class Designer now properly overrides My Island Settings when the Starting Health option is set to Invincible.
- Fixed a visibility and collision issue on the Billboard border when the device is disabled.
- The Sentry now despawns properly when the device is disabled during gameplay.
- The Support-A-Creator device’s grid placement widget is no longer misaligned.
- Sprinting Energy is no longer infinite.
- Players are able to manually start and end the game when loading into private matchmaking.
- The player is no longer eliminated when entering a vehicle while emoting.
- Interaction prompts no longer get stuck on screen.
- Playstation 5 players can assign items to the Creative Quick Bar by using L2 + any directional or face button.
In other news, Lazy Lagoon has replaced The Daily Bugle on the Island. Click here to read the full patch notes for v21.40.
Follow us on Twitter (@FortniteBR) and Instagram (@FortniteBR) to keep up with the latest Fortnite news, leaks and more.