The v22.00 update brings the Port-A-Bunker item, and the new Slide Kick player movement. v22.00 also contains updates and bug fixes for devices, Prefabs, and Galleries.
The Port-A-Bunker is a smaller, 1x1 version of the Port-A-Fort. This thrown item provides portable cover for players. It can be especially useful in Zero Build modes!
A new player movement type has been added in this update. When Allow Slide Kick is turned on, if a player slides into another player or a destructible object, they will perform a sliding kick that does damage and has knockback. This can be turned on or off in the My Island Settings tab, the Class Designer device, or the Team Settings & Inventory device.
New in Creative Documentation
In our Fortnite Creative Documentation, we have a whole new section documenting Prefabs!
The Prefab docs are grouped by theme, and contain a visual presentation of the Prefabs by category. As an example, if you’re looking for ocean or beach-related Prefabs, you can look up all available Prefabs that fit that theme in the Seaside Prefabs doc. We hope this helps you find the Prefabs you need for your awesome island design!
If you're looking for pages on gameplay mechanics for your island, the Gameplay Examples section is now called Exploring Gameplay. We hope this renaming helps clarify the information you can find here.
For device options with numeric values, you can now click inside the value field and directly type in a numeric value. This is enabled on the following devices:
- Capture Item Spawner
- End Game
- Item Placer
- Level Instance
- Player Counter
- Player Spawner Pad
Note: The numeric input is disabled on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One due to an interaction issue that we are working to fix for the v22.10 update.
Prefab & Gallery Fixes
- Fixed an issue where some floors with grass blocked player movement and weapons, or made players walk above the grass.
- Fixed an issue where the leaf piles in Spooky Prop Gallery B were not destructible. The previous indestructible versions were added to the Indestructible Gallery.
- Fixed an issue with a carpet in the No Collision Gallery where a carpet was not displaying the correct texture.
- Fixed a collision issue for some half-walls in The Shark Wall Gallery.
Known issue: Some tree and bush assets have broken textures, which we are working to fix for the v22.10 update.
- Fixed issues associated with mantling while performing charge attacks. Players can no longer mantle during charge attacks.
- The Jump Attack: Knockback option is now impacting players correctly.
- The hammer now has the Sprint Attack: Energy Cost option as expected.
- A player cannot attack when the Low Energy Multiplier option is set to 0.0X and the player is out of Energy.
- Fixed an issue that occurred when Secondary Action was set to No Action.
Known Issue: Due to an unforeseen issue, the Secondary Action option currently has 3 options all labelled Dodge Only. These perform identically, and we will address this issue in the next update.
- Fixed an issue where Radio devices would play the default track when disabled.
- Fixed an issue where not all Tracker objectives in the HUD would appear if they were activated rapidly.
- Fixed an issue where a disabled Prop Manipulator could take priority over an active one.
- Fixed an issue where the Item Resource option was missing from the Prop Manipulator's Customize panel.
- Fixed an issue where one Wildlife Spawner's Dismount option would affect wildlife spawned from other Wildlife Spawners.
- Fixed an issue where the Accolade device was inconsistently highlighted when included in a multi-selection.
- Fixed an issue where Guards spawned with the Can Be Hired option set to No could not be changed to be hirable with the Hire Conversation.
- Fixed an issue where the Character device did not play an emote after the player stepped over the trigger.
- Fixed an issue where the Grapple Glove interacted with Mutator Zones.
- Fixed an issue where players had access to another player’s My Island tab when island edit permissions were set to Everyone.
- Fixed an issue where players did not receive elimination credit if they left the match early.
- Fixed an issue where the Join in Progress setting reverted back to the default after the option was changed in My Island.
- Fixed an issue where the player destroyed indestructible assets while riding a wolf with an Infinity Blade.
Click here to read the Patch Notes for Battle Royale.
Follow us on Twitter (@FortniteBR) and Instagram (@FortniteBR) to keep up with the latest Fortnite news, leaks and more.