Fortnite's v20.10 update has arrived with some changes and additions to Save the World.
Scurvy Shoals returns with a new Modifier
The Scurvy Shoals is back, along with the treasure filled Pirate Llamas! This high sea venture is going to feel a little different this time around, as it will introduce a new modifier and bring back a returning one.
Things will get quite turbulent with the new Bouncy Husks modifier! With this modifier, Husks, Huskies, and Mist Monsters all have increased health, but they are more susceptible to knockbacks, especially from ranged and melee weapons. Send those Husks back into the Storm that they came from!
Time to start looting like a real pirate! With the Super Treasure modifier, treasure chest filled with valuable loot will periodically drop after defeating enemies. Keep in mind Commanders; the tougher the enemy you defeat, the more likely a chest will drop from it. Great enemies mean great rewards!
With the addition of the Bouncy Husks modifiers, the Super Husks modifier has been removed from Scurvy Shoals.
"The long awaited upgraded R.O.S.I.E. has shipped to a Homebase near you. Let's throw it to our expert weaponsmith, Clip, to get a detailed look at what R.O.S.I.E. has to offer now!"
- No more overheating: Commanders are now free to fire away with R.O.S.I.E. as our technological advancements have allowed us to bypass the troubles of overheating.
- Now that overheating is no longer an issue, the Cold Lead perk will now allow R.O.S.I.E. to hold 20% more ammo.
- Better from a distance: The damage fall off to enemies at a distance has been greatly reduced, adding more combative versatility to R.O.S.I.E.
- Quicker activations: After initial use, it would take Commanders quite a while to be able to summon R.O.S.I.E. again. That issue will be reduced as the R.O.S.I.E. cooldown has decreased by 33%.
- A new shield: One weakness of using R.O.S.I.E. is that it would leave its operators vulnerable to ranged attacks. Well their security is now improved with the new anti-projectile shield that will form around R.O.S.I.E. whenever it is deployed.
- Commanders will have the option to sacrifice the shield which will trigger a large knockback. This is especially useful when hordes of melee Husks get a bit too close to the turret.
It’s madness season again! Fight monsters, dodge traps, gear up and descend into the depths to confront the raging evil below. They say there are Weapons and Heroes to recruit along the way. Magical Keys, a deep and dark labyrinth, golden coins... sounds like it’s time to do some exploring. Complete Dungeons to unlock Heroes, a Loading Screen, and more!
In case you missed out on it last time dungeons were around, be sure to check out the newest dungeon, The Lab.
Check out what Heroes can be earned from braving through the dungeons:
- Standard Perk: Unearthly Treat
- Increases Damage vs. Mist Monsters by up to 42% based on the percentage of your missing health.
- Commander Perk: Unearthly Treat+
- Increases Damage vs. Mist Monsters by up to 42% based on the percentage of your missing health. In addition, taking damage has a 45% chance to conjure a Phantasm (targets a nearby enemy, dealing 62 base Energy damage in a 0.5 tile radius, 1.5 second cooldown)
- Standard Perk: From the Depths
- Increases Melee Damage by 44% based on the percentage of your missing health.
- Commander Perk: From the Depths+
- Increases Melee Damage by 44% based on the percentage of your missing health. Additionally, melee heavy attack eliminations have a 60% chance to conjure a Phantasm (targets a nearby enemy, dealing 62 base Energy damage in a 0.5 tile radius, 1.5 second cooldown)
- Standard Perk: Quick Fingers
- Whenever you use any ability, Quick Fingers reloads your equipped weapon (if it can be reloaded).
- Commander Perk: Quick Fingers+
- Whenever you use any ability, Quick Fingers reloads your equipped weapon (if it can be reloaded). When you reload a weapon this way, you have a % chance to summon a phantasm based on how empty the clip was, with a cap of 80%.
Coming April 5th: Yarrr's Questline
A blackflag has emerged in the horizon. That can only mean one thing; pirates are here and they are aiming to crash right into our beloved Homebase! Fend off these invading swashbucklers, and you will be rewarded with the infamous pirate, Blakebeard the Blackhearted.
Blakebeard The Blackhearted
- Standard Perk: Avast Mateys
- Increases yarrrrr Cannonball Damage by 20%
- Commander Perk: Avast Mateys+
- Increases yarrrrr Cannonball Damage by 40%. Converts R.O.S.I.E to fire 25 cannonballs.
Coming April 10th: Cottontail Eagle Eye and Rabbit Raider Jonesy egg the Event Store
Cottontail Eagle Eye
- Standard Perk: Un-Eggs-Pected Departure
- Phase Shift leaves 3 eggs bombs, which deal 18 base Damage to nearby enemies.
- Commanders Perk: Un-Eggs-Pected Departure+
- Phase Shift leaves 3 eggs bombs, which deal 55 base Damage to nearby enemies.
Rabbit Raider Jonesy
- Standard Perk: Sure Shot
- Increases Sniper Critical Damage by 75%
- Commanders Perk: Sure Shot+
- Increases Sniper Critical Damage by 225%
Coming April 17th: Dashing Hare Ken and the Easter Egg Launcher spring into the Event Store
Dashing Hare Ken
- Standard Perk: Eggs-termination
- Kunai Storm throws 3 egg bombs, which each deal 37 base damage to nearby enemies.
- Commander Perk: Eggs-termination+
- Kunai Storm throws 3 egg bombs, which each deal 111 base damage to nearby
Easter Egg launcher
This colourful launcher lobs eggs at the Husks that explode on contact! Strategically place the eggs to create festive landmines! A maximum of six eggs can be active at a time.
The Mecha-Pop Starter Pack
Last but certainly not least: Mecha-Pop joins the rest of the Homebase Bots on the battlefield!
The Mecha-Pop Pack brings a new Outfit, the Pop-Pack Backbling, the Pneumatic Pop-Axe, the Mecha-Pop Pack Challenges and access to Save the World. These exclusive Save the World challenges will earn you 1,500 V-Bucks.
Read the Patch Notes for Battle Royale here.
Follow us on Twitter (@FortniteBR) to keep up with the latest Fortnite news, leaks and more.